Solve Inpart For Outlook Add-In Possible Issues
Find solutions to potential errors encountered with Inpart for Outlook Add-in.
The Add-In Displays a Blank Screen After Entering Your Company ID
If your add-in is showing a blank screen after entering your company ID, it means that you entered the wrong company ID, and you'll have to refresh your cache to be able to re-enter the correct ID.
To resolve this blank screen issue, you must manually clear the add-in or the Outlook cache. Note that clearing your internet browser cache doesn’t clear the cache for the Inpart Add-in for Outlook, you'll need to proceed following the instructions below.
Option #1 - Refresh the Add-In
For that, you can either:
- Click right with your mouse in the add-in pane (i.e. in the blank area) and select Refresh.
- Or just simple click somewhere in the blank screen of the add-in and press F5.
Option #2 - Clear the Office Add-In Cache
If Option #1 didn't solve the issue, you must delete the Office cache.
- Close Outlook on the Web if it was open.
- In the Outlook desktop application, click right with your mouse in the add-in pane (i.e. in the blank area) and then select Inspect.
- This will open the DevTools pop-up window. Go to the Application tab, click Storage, check the including third-party cookies box, and then click Clear site data.
- Close the DevTools window.
- Then, you have two options: click right with your mouse in the add-in pane and select Refresh, or completely close the Outlook desktop application and reopen it.
- You can now enter again your Company ID.
Please follow the detailed instructions from this Microsoft article: Clear the Office cache on Mac
If the issue persists after you have cleared your cache, please contact the Inpart Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them that you are experiencing issues with a blank screen.
The Inpart Add-In Is Unavailable (Grayed Out Or Not Visible)
The add-in can't be used, and hence the icon is grayed out or invisible, on the following occasions:
- You haven't selected an email.
- The email selected is a draft email.
- You try to push a .msg or .eml file attached to another email.
- You try to push a .msg or .eml file opened from your computer file system.
- You try to push an email from a shared mailbox, an archives mailbox, or a public folder.
- Outlook is in offline mode.
- You're in the list view of the mailbox. You must display the reading pane.
For instructions on how to turn on the reading pane in Outlook, please read this Microsoft article: Use and configure the Reading Pane to preview messages.
If you don't want to enable the reading pane, the add-in will only be available from the Message tab on the ribbon when an individual email is open.
You can find more information in this Microsoft article: Mailbox items available to add-ins.
If the above-mentioned explanations did not help you resolve the issue, you can reach out to our Support Team who would be happy to troubleshoot further!